Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Designer Darling Round #2

This round, for me, started off really slow!! I bounced back and forth in what theme I wanted. I also changed my palette a couple times too.
We were given two pictures for inspiration and were told to come up with a theme and color palette based on the two pics.

-------

Here is the info we were given:


CHALLENGE 2

This round, your challenge is to create a mini kit using this story and/or picture for inspiration – when you post your submission – please also tell us how you were inspired!

This past fall, I got to go out to Utah for the Scrapbook Expo – I got to hang out with some of my Stuff to Scrap friends. It was so fun to meet some of these online friends and to spend 2 days scrapping and hanging out! After the expo, I got to go watch Nicole play in a roller derby match – and she is awesome! She got out there and totally kicked some tushie!



---------------


My first thought was a "Girls Night Out" kit, but looking closer at the patterns on the two middle shirts I was going to go retro.  They just jumped out at me and I loved the colors!  But I was struggling with the theme. . .
Obviously, I went back to my original idea! Should have stuck with my gut instinct.

The colors are not what I would normally use. I do not like pink at all! lol But it's the color I pulled off the shirt. I did make all the pink elements in blue as well, which will be in my add on in a day or two

I actually LOVE how this kit turned out... despite the pink hehehe

You can download this mini kit in the submission thread over at Stuff to Scrap!



You should head over to Heather's blog and check out her submission!  It's pretty amazing! :)




1 comment:

  1. Great job! Thank you for the extras - off to getr them now! Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete